Welcome to Just Pure Gardening!
My name is Reese, and I am the creator of Just Pure Gardening, your one stop site for all your fruit and vegetable growing guides, garden ideas, garden product reviews, and the place to help you build the best home garden possible.
So about 10 years ago, together with my family, we decided it was time to move. As you know, there are so many factors and decisions to make when deciding to buy a new home.
However, there were a couple of factors that I was sure of… I wanted a nice view and a big yard (and I was not planning to become a gardener at this stage)… Countryside, here we come!
“Let’s plant something and see if we can grow our own food,” we said, and that’s how it all started. We selected to grow everyone’s favorites for our first year – Tomatoes and Cucumbers.
- The first year was great. Everything flourished. We had the best tasting vegetables that reminded us of the childhood at granny’s house.
- The second year was ok, not as much as we had the previous year, but the taste was still excellent.
- The third-year was the year when the pests had finally found our garden. And, of course, bad things never come alone… diseases spread across our vegetables. So, the plants were either eaten by pests or destroyed by the disease.
- Year four was not a success… “Who needs to learn how to grow stuff,” I said… “It is natural,” I said… “You put the seed in the soil and water it,” I said… “You see a bug, you spray chemicals to kill it,” I said… I was never more wrong in my entire life! I killed not only pests but also beneficial bugs.
After the worst year for my garden, I finally decided to change and learn more about how nature works. I learned to work with nature rather than against it. I learned how to invite beneficial insects into my garden. I also learned that the plants have companion plants to help each other… Wow!!!
It was a complex and restrictive learning process, as you are only allowed to make a small number of mistakes per year. Mess up too many times, and you have to wait for the next year to restart the whole process.
After testing dozens of growing guides and garden tools, I finally solved the issues and got my garden into the best shape.
But during my journey, while taking part in many online discussions, I realized that thousands of garden owners are facing all sorts of issues with their soil, plants, and their fruits and vegetables. Most of the information you can find on the internet is not exactly clear. Some even misleading – magical compost where anything grows… or all in one spray that will solve all the garden problems, and that was an issue for me.
So, I decided to start a project and build a team of gardeners who could put together the content I could never find online when I was attempting to fix my garden issues.
I hope to succeed in this mission. I will give it my best shot because I know your garden is as important to you as my garden is to me.
Founder of Just Pure Gardening
What To Do Now?
If you are here, it means you too are looking to learn about gardening or improve and fix your garden issues.
The good news is, we have prepared everything to help you achieve that, so from here, you can either:
- Read our Gardening Guides to help you understand what your garden needs.
- Read our Problem Solving Guides to help you solve the issues you are facing.
- Read our Soil and Fertilizers Guides to help you understand and pick what your garden needs.
- Read our Garden Tools Guides to pick the right tools for your garden.
We hope you enjoy the content we worked so hard to put together, and if you have any suggestions to make this site better, we’d love to hear them!
Just Pure Gardening Team